Counseling CenterAmy Rohdy
Phone: (989) 588.9913 ext. 4111Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The counseling department assists students in four areas of guidance:
- Guidance Curriculum - Present structured experiences through individual, group, and classroom activities.
- Individual Planning - Assist students in the planning, monitoring, and management of their own learning as well as personal and career development.
- Responsive Services - Provide support and activities to meet the immediate needs and concerns of students.
- Systems Support- Manage activities that establish, maintain, and enhance the total guidance and counseling program.
ATTENTION STUDENTS: Stay up-to-date on important information for the 2019-2020 School Year:Click the link for the January 2020 Issue of The Talon (The FHS Newspaper)Counseling Announcements for January 2020
CTE Applications for 2020-2021 are Due by 2/5/2020: Class of 2021 and 2022 students interested in participating in CTE next year need to return their purple forms to Mrs. Rohdy by February 5, 2020, to ensure priority scheduling. Forms are available in the counseling office. See your Skyward Account for more program details or go to www.cteitsworking.com. CTE Programs include: Advanced Manufacturing, Agricultural Science, Automotive Technology, Construction Trades, Criminal Justice, Culinary Arts, Digital Media, Education Occupations, Health Occupations, and Welding.
FAFSA and TIP: FAFSA for the 2020-2021 academic year opened on October 1, 2019. To learn more, go to https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. The State of Michigan deadline for FAFSA is March 1, 2020. TIP eligible students need to create an account and complete the application process before the deadline. For more information, please look at the following TIP fact sheet. The link to MiSSG for Tip is https://missg.guarantorsolutions.com/StudentPortal.
Scholarship/Recognition Opportunities: Updated January 2020 Scholarships
Available Scholarships (Details are located in the PDF link above):
- U.S. Junior Chamber International (JCI) Senate Foundation Scholarship ($1000) - Postmark by 1/24/2020
- MEA Scholarship - Received by 2/20/2020
- Lake George Boosters Club Scholarship ($500) - Deadline 2/26/2020
- Clare-Gladwin Board of Realtors Scholarship (2 @ $342) - Deadline 2/26/2020
- Son's of the American Legion Squadron 404 Scholarship ($750) - Deadline is 2/26/2020
- Rosa Parks Scholarship - Submit by 3/1/2020
- Clare County Habitat for Humanity Scholarship ($300) - Received by 3/2/2020
- Isabella Bank Scholarship ($750) - Closing Deadline is 3/4/2020 at 4:00 p.m.
- Jason Parrott Scholarship ($500) - Closing Deadline is 3/4/2020 at 4:00 p.m.
- Harry E. Tope Memorial Aviation Scholarship ($1500) - Closing Deadline is 3/4/2020 at 4:00 p.m.
- Edith Irene (Stinchcombe) Geiseler Endowed Scholarship ($3000) - Deadline is 3/4/2020
- Larry L. & Mignon Laverty Scholarship (2 @ $1000) - Deadline is 3/4/2020
- Steven Lee Grim Family Scholarship ($500) - Deadline 3/4/2020
- Paula Sullivan Memorial Scholarship (2 @ $500) - Deadline is 3/4/2020
- Duane and Betty Miller Endowed Scholarship ($500) - Received by 3/15/2020
- Lake Rod & Gun Scholarship ($500) - Postmark by 3/31/2020
- Clare County Kiwanis Scholar-Athlete Award - Deadline is 3/31/2020
- Clare County Kiwanis Technical Scholarship - Deadline is 3/31/2020
- Mid Michigan College Institutional Scholarships - Submit by 3/31/2020
- Michigan Retailers Association Scholarship ($1000-$1500) - Submit by 4/1/2020
- Abbott & Fenner Scholarship ($1000) - Submit by 6/12/2020
- Big Sun Scholarship ($500) - Submit by 6/19/2020
- AES Engineers Scholarship ($500) - Submit by 10/5/2020
General Scholarship Searches:
OsteoCHAMPS Summer Camp at MSU - For Class of 2021 & 2022 Students with a 3.0 or higher GPA interested in a career in nursing, allied health and medicine: The OsteoCHAMPS Summer camp is an eight day camp at MSU where students study biology, anatomy, and chemistry along with improving their knowledge of science, study skills, motivation, and leadership qualities. The cost is $1500 per student. The Michigan Center for Rural Health (MCRH) is offering up to five full scholarships for applicants. To learn more, go to www.com.msu.edu/OsteoCHAMPS. The deadline to apply is March 1, 2020.
Parchment Account Set-Up for Class of 2020: All seniors will need to set up a Parchment account this fall. Farwell High School has partnered with Parchment to order transcripts and other credentials securely. Transcripts for college applications, employment, and scholarships will be requested through your Parchment account. Go to https://www.parchment.com/u/registration/13975/account to create your account today.
Class of 2019 Top in the County for FAFSA and TIP Applications
According to MI Student Aid Data as of July 1, 2019:
- 65.5% of FHS seniors filed the 2019-20 FAFSA
Only 50.5% of Clare County seniors filed the 2019-20 FAFSA
- 93.6% of FHS TIP eligible seniors completed their required TIP application
Only 78.4% of Clare County TIP eligible seniors completed the required TIP application
Transitional Living Program
Have you -
- Become homeless because you've been left behind?
- Ran away from abuse at home? Eviction notice?
- Aged out of foster care or court ordered placement?
The Transitional Living Program (TLP) helps older, homeless youth between 16-21 years old in the Isabella/Clare County areas who are unable to return to their homes (including pregnant and parenting teens) with guidance, help finding housing and a range of services for up to 18 months to succeed on their own.
24-Hour Crisis Line:
Isabella Co. (989) 772-2918
Clare Co. (989) 386-2774
Herff Jones Yearbook Order Center Link
(If prompted for an order number, use: 40657)