Counseling CenterAmy Rohdy
Phone: (989) 588.9913 ext. 4111Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgThe counseling department assists students in four areas of guidance:
ATTENTION STUDENTS: Stay up-to-date on important information for the 2019-2020 School Year:Counseling Announcements for August 2019:
- Guidance Curriculum - Present structured experiences through individual, group, and classroom activities.
- Individual Planning - Assist students in the planning, monitoring, and management of their own learning as well as personal and career development.
- Responsive Services - Provide support and activities to meet the immediate needs and concerns of students.
- Systems Support- Manage activities that establish, maintain, and enhance the total guidance and counseling program.
Scheduling Your Classes: Drop and Add Forms are available online and can be requested during the first 3 days of school. Students are to follow their current schedules until they are notified if their request has been accepted or denied.
FAFSA and TIP: FAFSA for the 2020-2021 academic year will open on October 1, 2019. To learn more, go to https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. TIP eligible students need to create an account and complete the application process before the deadline. For more information go to https://www.michigan.gov/documents/mistudentaid/3981TIPFactSheet_2016-17_544515_7.pdf.
College Recruiters: CMU will be at FHS on September 26 and will be hosting direct on-site admissions. A sign up form will be available outside of the counseling office door. This event is open to both juniors and seniors, with seniors having the opportunity to directly apply the same day.
Senior Focus Day: Seniors will be attending Senior Focus Day (hosted here at FHS) on September 27. This is an opportunity to meet with various professionals and explore post-secondary options.
CareerQuest: All 8th -10th graders will be attending CareerQuest on October 30 at SVSU. This is an interactive, hands-on career and college-readiness event. For more information, go to https://www.michiganworks.com/introducing-micareerquest-middle-michigan/.
Parchment Account Set-Up for Class of 2020: All seniors will need to set up a Parchment account this fall. Farwell High School has partnered with Parchment to order transcripts and other credentials securely. Transcripts for college applications, employment, and scholarships will be requested through your Parchment account. Go to https://www.parchment.com/u/registration/13975/account to create your account today.
Class of 2019 Top in the County for FAFSA and TIP Applications
According to MI Student Aid Data as of July 1, 2019:
- 65.5% of FHS seniors filed the 2019-20 FAFSA
Only 50.5% of Clare County seniors filed the 2019-20 FAFSA
- 93.6% of FHS TIP eligible seniors completed their required TIP application
Only 78.4% of Clare County TIP eligible seniors completed the required TIP application
Federal Student Aid website:
Tuition Incentive Program Website:
CGRESD Career and Technical Education (CTE) Website:
Transitional Living Program
Have you -
- Become homeless because you've been left behind?
- Ran away from abuse at home? Eviction notice?
- Aged out of foster care or court ordered placement?
The Transitional Living Program (TLP) helps older, homeless youth between 16-21 years old in the Isabella/Clare County areas who are unable to return to their homes (including pregnant and parenting teens) with guidance, help finding housing and a range of services for up to 18 months to succeed on their own.
24-Hour Crisis Line:
Isabella Co. (989) 772-2918
Clare Co. (989) 386-2774
Herff Jones Yearbook Order Center Link
(If prompted for an order number, use: 40657)